The Cohannon Inn is committed to keeping your information secure and private. It is important to us to protect and respect your privacy in order to uphold our genuine concern for the welfare of our guests and visitors.
Please read the following carefully to understand our use of personal data. Please note that the Policy relates only to living individuals in relation to personal data relating directly to themselves, and not to persons in any other capacity.
Purposes and basis for holding and processing your personal data
We collect and store information from you to help manage your booking, either in our restaurant or accommodation in order to provide a service to you. This information is collected in various ways, including:
- In emails, letters, via telephone calls and through face to face conversations in either the hotel or restaurant
- Via online bookings through third parties such as Booking.com, Expedia.com or Laterooms.com and their sister companies. Via bookings made to our restaurant through the online restaurant booking site Quandoo
- Direct bookings through our own website cohannon.com
- From your professional, financial or legal representatives
The Cohannon Inn will rely on any of the following legal basis for processing your personal data:
- The processing is necessary for the provision of a service to you, either in our accommodation or in our restaurant/function rooms
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party
Categories of Personal Data
We retain two types of information; Personal data and Non Personal data:
We collect personal data from you when you provide such personal data to us, or via our services with which you interact. We may also obtain such other personal data about you as may be provided to us in the course of our legitimate business activities.
Examples of personal data we may hold about you include:
- Personal information, such as your name, address, phone number and date of birth
- Financial information about you, including bank account details, credit card or other payment details
- Personal information you supply to us when you make a booking or check in or avail of our restaurant service These include nationality, passport number, next of kin, medical details, details of allergies, details of your children and other relations, driving license, car registration number and all other personal data which is necessary for us to process on your behalf or which is necessary for us to provide our accommodation and restaurant services to you
- Details of your location while on the property via security measures such as close circuit television
Sensitive Personal Data
In some circumstances you may wish to provide us with sensitive personal data such as health information to enable us to adapt our accommodation or restaurant services to your needs. Where possible we will ask for your consent and will not record the information unless you ask us to.
We may also process other data, which is not personal data.
- When you access our website or wi-fi facilities, your device’s browser provides us with information such as your IP address, browser type, website and applications which you access and your usage by access time, frequency, location and volume of data used. This information may be used to help us to improve our website and the services we offer, and to offer services to you.
- When you access our website, we gather statistical and other analytical information, collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors. This non-personal data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
Links to other sites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any data to those websites.
Security and where we store your personal data
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access and use. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and may involve the transfer of data to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). This occurs typically through the use of cloud solutions for web hosting, email hosting or proprietary software solutions delivered to us through the Cloud. We do not, however, authorise any third party to use your personal data for their own purposes. Non-EEA countries may not provide an adequate level of protection in relation to processing your personal data. By submitting your data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to us. Any transmission of data is at your own risk. Once we receive your personal data, we use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access.
We keep your information as long as permitted for our legitimate business purposes and for any retention period we are legally required to meet in accordance with our retention schedule. Personal data which we consider to be of less relevance may be deleted earlier.
Recipients of your personal data
We may disclose your Data to other organisations, for example where:
- It is necessary to provide a service to you
- If it is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets
- If it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
- If it is necessary to protect our rights, property, or safety of staff or customers
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfill your order (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements). We will disclose your personal data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirements.
Your Data Protection Rights
As an individual, under EU law you have certain rights to apply to us to provide information or make amendments to how we process data relating to you. These rights apply in certain circumstances and are set out below: –
- The right to access data relating to you (‘access right’).
- The right to rectify/correct data relating to you (‘right to rectification’).
- The right to object to the processing of data relating to you (‘right to object’).
- The right to restrict the processing of data relating to you (‘right to restriction’).
- The right to erase/delete data relating to you (i.e. the “right to erasure”).
- The right to ‘port’ certain data relating to you from one organisation to another (‘right to data portability’).
To find out what personal data we hold on you or to have your personal data updated, amended or removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any such data subject requests may be subject to the prescribed fee.
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time at our sole discretion. If we make any changes, we will post those changes here so that you can see what information we gather, how we might use that information and in what circumstances we may disclose it. By continuing to use our site or our services or otherwise provide data after we post any such changes, you accept and agree to this Policy as modified. Policy last reviewed May 2018.
Questions, comments, requests, and complaints regarding this Policy and the information we hold are welcome and should be addressed to us at email@example.com. All requests will be dealt with promptly and efficiently.
P&L Worrall Ltd trading as The Cohannon Inn
212, Ballynakilly Road
Co. Tyrone BT71 6HJ
The Information Commissioner
If you wish to know more about your rights in respect of protection of personal data, you should write to the:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House Water Lane